Finding out more
This page explains:
- what a major development is
- how you can find out more about major developments in the borough
- how you can get pre application advice for your major development.
What is a major development?
A major development provides:
- 10 or more houses or flats or
- buildings where the floor space to be created is 1,000 square metres or greater.
Find out more about a major development that might affect you
- We encourage developers to consult with the local community before they submit a formal application. One way of doing this is through a Development Management Forum.
- Once we receive an application we will consult with local people. This is in line with the guidelines in the statement of community involvement (PDF).
Large scale major development in Camden
|King's Cross Central
|High Speed 2
|Community Investment Programme
|Planning Frameworks and Briefs
How do I get pre-application advice for a major development?
Major developments are often complex or sensitive. Therefore, before you make an application, we suggest you talk to us about your proposals. This is part of the major development pre-application service.