Support we offer
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update - 2 March
Early years education and childcare providers, including nurseries and childminders, have remained open for all children, depending on staffing. Read our COVID-19 guide for families here and the NHS's guide to rapid testing here:
- Welcoming families safely to nurseries and childminders - updated March 2021
- NHS guide to testing for parents with children at nurseries, schools and colleges - March 2021
- For leaflets translated into Somali, Bengali and Arabic, visit our 'Find childcare' web page.
While there were significant staff absences (including COVID-19 related sickness), childcare places have been prioritised for vulnerable children and children of critical workers. Critical workers who need childcare can contact our centres below to see if there are places available.
Community midwifery clinics have been continuing in our children’s centres. Please contact your midwife directly if you have any questions.
Early help for families is available, with some services offering face to face meetings. However, many of these services remain over the phone and online. If you have any questions, please contact your nursery or children’s centre on the numbers below, where staff will be happy to advise you.
- 1A Children’s Centre: 020 7974 7038
- Agar Children’s Centre: 020 7974 4789
- Gospel Oak Nursery: 020 7974 3484
- Hampden Nursery: 020 7974 2841
- Harmood Children’s Centre: 020 7974 8961
- Kilburn Grange Children's Centre: 020 7974 5080
- Konstam Nursery: 020 7974 3721
- Langtry Nursery: 020 7974 3252
- Regents Park Children’s Centre: 020 7974 8934
You can join Camden’s Health and Wellbeing Team from your own home for virtual Starting Solids / Starting Solids Next Steps Sessions or Families for Life sessions. Book your place on any of these sessions here
Camden Sure Start services
Camden Sure Start supports you from the moment you know you’re expecting, through pregnancy and birth, until your child is 5 years old. Read our leaflet and watch our videos to find out more:
Join our courses and drop-in sessions
Healthy start vitamins
Healthy Start in St Pancras and Somers Town
Health visiting and family support
- family support (home visiting and 1-1 advice)
- parenting support (1-1 and groups) and child psychotherapy
- mental health services for parents
- children’s speech and language therapy
- housing advice
First aid advice for choking - whether it's a choking baby, child or adult - including what to do and when to get medical assistance.
Bump to Baby Group
A group for new and expecting parents, focusing on becoming a parent and bonding with your baby.
Bump to baby leaflet (PDF)
Bump to baby video:
Refer yourself to a maternity service
Information for young parents
Training, volunteering, work and help with benefits
- Employability and help with benefits leaflet (PDF)
- Parent Champions leaflet (PDF)
- Early years volunteering opportunities (PDF)